Nolan Meats is constantly seeking high quality yearling store cattle for further finishing through our system. Limited opportunities are also available to producers wishing to supply prime grain-finished cattle for immediate processing. We are prepared to purchase any quantity from 1-5000 head, which means that we are willing to obtain cattle from the largest of specialist cattle producers to the smallest of local producers and hobby farmers who are able to meet our specifications and requirements which are outlined below.
- Property must be Livestock Production Assurance (LPA) registered
- Heifers and steers of all recognised beef breeds and their crosses
- Entry weight – minimum 350 kg live weight
- Muscling – A, B and C muscle scores
- Preference is given to cattle with European breed infusion (e.g. Blonde d’Aquitaine, Charolais, Limousin etc)
- Maximum of 50% Bos Indicus infusion
- Prime grain-finished cattle must come from a feedlot accredited under the National Feedlot Accreditation Scheme (NFAS)
- MSA accreditation preferred (Premiums exist for MSA cattle)
- All cattle are purchased on a price grid basis.
* 0 – 2 teeth
* 200 – 280kg dressed weight (HSCW)
* 5 – 12 mm fat depth
- Maximum 50% Bos Indicus infusion